After long debates and voting, CallWeaver is born. The name OpenPBX.org was a good name but there was a conflict with the product from Voicetronix.
So the website, mailing list, svn, bug tracker are all up. And now developers are focusing to bring stable T.38 gateway.
How is the machine setup?
The server is running Gentoo under Xen. For the website, code browser and bug tracker we use retrospectiva, which uses Ruby on Rails. Subversion is just as the code repository, postfix+clamav-milter+sqlgrey+mailman for the mailing lists.
The first attempt was suing Apache and fastcgi for Ruby on Rails, but the perfomance was terrible and I noticed that Apache was still forking cgi instead of using fcgi, I couldn’t find the cause quick enough so I moved on.
So the second attempt was to use it with lighttpd, but found out later that lighttpd won’t work with subversion so apache is still needed. No problem you may think, just use llighttpd as a reverse proxy, well I did that and lighttpd was suffering from massive memory leaks with its mod_proxy. After a svn check out lighttpd was using more than 400MB.
The final solution is using mongrel to serve Ruby on Rails pages and use Apache as reverse proxy, Apache also serves subverion directly using mod_dav and mod_svn. Which works fine.
Migrating the svn was done using svm which is a perl tool to mirro the svn. For svn write access I use mod_auth_external and a small perl script to let the users authenticate themselfs with the credentials in the retrospectiva’s DB.